Come out for BYRON’s Annual Harvest Fest! Come ready for homemade food and drinks, a seat under the trees, and fun family activities with a bonfire at the end of the day. In addition to the usual favorites like Bobbing for Apples, Photo Booth and our official Corn Hole Challenge, we’ll feature our first ever Soap Box Derby Race!
To participate, just show up with your entry, ready to race! Build a car, or NOT! Get creative—just find a way to get across the finish line! Entries can be constructed of plywood, cardboard, laundry baskets, duct tape, glue, screws, wheels, skates —whatever it takes. Push, pull, run or roll your way to the finish. A total of five prizes will be awarded: One for the fastest traditional derby car winner for adults (ages 16+); the fastest traditional derby car winner for kids (ages 15 and under); and the fastest overall winner for non-traditional derby entries. In addition to the fastest time winners, there will be a prize each for the most creative entry and the most epic fail. The Race will start at 3PM.
*In case of bad weather, the Soap Box Derby Race will take place on Sunday, October 13th.
Soap Box Derby Race Rules
1. All Adult team members must be at least 16 years old. Kids Race are ages 15 and under and must be accompanied by an adult.
2. In all cases where a decision is required, the judge’s decision is final.
3. All team members will act in a sportsmanlike manner at all times. Failure to do so may result in exclusion and disqualification.
4. If your team needs to make repairs, you will be given a one-time, 10 minute grace period.
5. All entrants race at their own risk. Helmet required.
Food Admission $15 (Kids $5) – includes Bratwurst, Beer Bread and Homemade Soup.
Drinks available – warm cider, herbed tea and BYRON Power Home Brew (Belgian Amber Beer)!
We look forward to see you!
The BYRON Team
#byronharvestfest, #byronsoapboxderbyrace, #byronpowerhomebrew, #faithartculture, #byrontriad, #byron
Registrations are closed for this event.